We’ve all been seeing the buzz on Pinterest and Facebook about Crockpot freezer meals and how you can make a bunch of them all at once to save time and money. The organization of it is what set me (Chris) up for the challenge. Bill is off to Ireland this month so I have extra time on my hands. Upfront, these are the points I learned from my easy crockpot freezer meals:
Crockpot Freezer Meals Tips:
- Give yourself plenty of time. I was also working and didn’t realize how much time it would take once I bought my groceries.
- Stick with similar ingredients the first time around. I did chicken, pork, steak, burger, sausage and turkey sausage and it was a lot of work to go back and forth with all the different meats. My plan going forward is to do only 2 meats at a time at the most.
- Double check your ingredients. When making the bean burritos, I ran out of paper towels so I had to be creative. It all worked out, but I can’t imagine if I didn’t have a key ingredient.
- It’s more fun when you do this with other people. Next time, Bill has already agreed to tackle it with me!
- Use a Cuisinart Food Chopper for the vegetables (especially mincing garlic!).
For more tips, get our FREE book: [widgets_on_pages id=post_form]
Benefits of Crockpot Freezer Meals:
So now that I have that out of the way… these are the things I REALLY liked and the benefits I found of creating 25 crockpot freezer meals all at once:
- I have 25 meals already prepared that I don’t have to worry about.
- Most of these recipes will have leftovers so it’s more like 40 meals!
- Many of these recipes were new to me so I tried different things.
- By buying in bulk like this, I saved a bit of money on my meats.
This took a lot of organization which is something I love. I love to take chaos and organize it. And now that I have made all my meals, I’ve broken it down even more for you so you can avoid some of my frustrations. I have the recipes, the calculations, and the labels and am rolling it all out soon. Here’s the line up for you. I will be adding more recipes to this as I go so make sure to check back!
- Slow Cooker Feta and Bacon Stuffed Chicken – EASY
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken
- Island Chicken
- General Tso’s Slow Cooker Chicken
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Crockpot
- Creamy Italian Chicken Crockpot
- Crockpot Thai Peanut Chicken
- Crockpot Spaghetti Sauce
- Brown Bag Burritos (not for crockpot but a really good freezer meal)
- Slow Cooker Pepper Steak
- Ultimate Beef Stroganoff
- Crockpot Beef Tips and Gravy
- Sausage and Bean Supper (Ground turkey flavored like sausage)