Growing up, my mom loved spicy stuff. It must be where Emily and I get it from. This is so easy to make and will definitely heat things up. Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Freezer Meal is a delicious meal we enjoy any time of the year. It’s perfect for those who have busy schedules. Make this with five ingredients which are super easy to find. Oh, and we recommend this crockpot if you want a digital crockpot.
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Ingredients:
The ingredients for this Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Freezer Meal are straightforward and easy to find at any grocery store. You will need chicken, hot sauce, dry ranch seasoning, optional butter, salt, and pepper. For serving, we suggest Burger buns or rice. We LOVE serving this over cauliflower rice which saves on carbs.
Instructions for Meal Prep:
This meal is effortless to prepare! Just follow a few simple steps:
- Begin by placing the chicken breasts in the crockpot Place all ingredients except butter in the crockpot, coating the chicken.
- In a bowl, combine the buffalo sauce and ranch dressing. Mix well. You may also add salt and pepper if desired.
- Pour the buffalo sauce mixture over the chicken breasts making sure to coat them evenly.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove it from the crockpot and shred it using two forks.
- Place the shredded chicken back into the crockpot and mix it with the sauce.
- Let the chicken cool down completely before transferring it into freezer-safe containers.
- Label and date the containers and place them in the freezer.
If you choose to eat the crockpot buffalo chicken before freezing, simply choose buns or rice to serve. Don’t forget cauliflower rice is an excellent option!
Tips for Crockpot Buffalo Chicken
Following are some tips to help you make the perfect Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Freezer Meal:
- Use boneless, skinless chicken breasts for the best results.
- You can adjust the amount of buffalo sauce and ranch dressing to suit your taste preferences.
- If you like your chicken with some extra heat, add more buffalo sauce or use a hotter variety.
- Make sure to let the chicken cool down completely before transferring it into freezer-safe containers. This prevents the containers from cracking due to the sudden change in temperature.
Serve buffalo chicken in a variety of ways. Here are our favorite serving suggestions:
- Serve on a bed of rice or quinoa.
- Use the chicken to make sandwiches or wraps.
- Top a salad with the shredded chicken for a protein-packed meal.
- Serve the chicken with a side of roasted vegetables.
- Use the chicken to make buffalo chicken dip for a party or gathering.
When you’re ready to enjoy your Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Freezer Meal, follow these reheating instructions:
- Thaw the container of chicken in the refrigerator overnight.
- Transfer the chicken into a microwave-safe dish and heat it in the microwave until heated through.
- Alternatively, you can reheat the chicken on the stovetop. Place the chicken in a skillet over medium heat stirring occasionally.
Looking for more crockpot freezer meal recipes?
We’ve got you covered! Here’s a list of all of our crockpot freezer meal recipes.