Vegetarian Orzo and Spinach Soup Recipe – look no further! If you are looking for a healthy vegetarian soup for a main course, look no more! I made this for my boyfriend’s vegetarian sister and we all loved it! I actually doubled the batch! To be completely honest, my boyfriend added a little spice to his (meat) but his sister enjoyed it as is and so did I. I’m sure you will too!
- Small white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 (14-ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups orzo pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4 cups loosely-packed spinach
- salt and black pepper
Spray bottom of large pot.
Dice onions and place in a large pot on medium heat.
Dice carrots and celery and add to pot.
Mince garlic and add to pot.
Add 6 cups of vegetable stock.
Combine fire roasted diced tomatoes and orzo.
Add thyme, oregano and rosemary.
Bring to a boil and then simmer for 10 minutes, until orzo is cooked.
Add spinach and cook for 2 minutes.
- My vegetable stock was unsalted so I added garlic salt and a pepper medley to mine to bring out the flavors.
- My boyfriend wanted meat so he added precooked Jimmy Dean turkey sausage.
This meal was quick and enjoyable for everyone. One tip I have is to invest in a food chopper! I use mine all the time for chopping, dicing, and mincing and it saves SO much time!
For more great flavors, take a look at our other recipes.