This Greek Chicken recipe brings the Mediterranean straight to your plate. Marinated chicken roasted with vibrant vegetables and topped with kalamata olives and feta. Mmm, I’m hungry just writing this post! This recipe is in our cookbook, “Cooking for One – Not an Army,” along with other chicken recipes. It’s made for one but you can easily double this recipe for company or leftovers! Our book is on Amazon right here!
Quick Facts About Greek Cuisine & Chicken
- Greek cuisine emphasizes fresh, high-quality ingredients. Popular dishes include moussaka, souvlaki, tzatziki, and Greek salad.
- Chicken breast is a lean source of protein. It is low in fat, particularly saturated fat, and high in protein content.
- This recipe is extremely versatile and easy to make! Double it for leftovers or keep it single serve.
Greek Chicken Recipe Ingredients
This recipe uses many common ingredients to create a fantastic Mediterranean flavor!
To enhance the Mediterranean flavor, this recipe uses tomatoes, olives, and feta cheese. You can substitute anything you don’t like or don’t have on hand.
Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
Put the chicken and half of the dressing in a bag. Let it marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Spread the array of vegetables on a sheet pan, tossing them with the remaining dressing. This symphony of flavors will dance in the oven for 15 minutes, preparing for the grand finale.
Arrange the marinated chicken around the vegetables on the same sheet pan.
Greek Chicken Tips
This recipe is versatile! Feel free to mix it up with some of these options:
- Marinate the chicken even longer than 20 minutes for even juicier chicken.
- Experiment with different vegetables based on your preferences.
- Adjust the level of spice or tanginess by tweaking the vinaigrette dressing.
- Explore various cheeses, from mild to pungent.
This chicken is great on it’s own! It also works well over rice or pasta.
Don’t like everything that is in the recipe? Here are ways you can mix it up even more:
- Vegetarian: Skip the chicken and enhance the veggie medley.
- Gluten-Free: Ensure the vinaigrette dressing is gluten-free or make your own.
- Low-Carb: Opt for cauliflower rice or a salad as a substitute for traditional grains.
Storage and Leftovers
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to two days. To reheat, microwave for 1 – 2 minutes. Or put back in the oven or in a pan on the stove, covered in aluminum on low until heated.
Other Recipes To Try
- Healthy Greek Parmesan Chicken Recipe – Another yummy Greek chicken recipe! One dish and delish!
- Creamy Italian Chicken Crock Pot Recipe – Chicken… crock pot… Italian – YUM!
- Feta and Bacon Stuffed Chicken Crock Pot Freezer Meal – Simple and you can make it in batch to fill your freezer!
This recipe is special in the world of solo dining. It’s a tasty and simple meal that anyone can make and involves very little clean up. And if you aren’t dining solo it’s easy to double or triple! If you enjoy this recipe, you’ll love our cookbook “Cooking for One – Not an Army“.