With Halloween behind us, the candy consumed and the leaves almost gone, it’s time to look toward Thanksgiving and the busy holiday season. Try some simple crafts this year to get you in the grateful spirit of Thanksgiving. I got this idea and photo from Woman’s Day magazine, one of my favorite magazines! This paper Thanksgiving Wreath decoration is durable and you can find the supplies at any craft store. I got most of mine from Amazon.
With just a few simple materials and some creativity, you can create a stunning Thanksgiving wreath that will be the perfect addition to your holiday decorations. Plus, making your own wreath allows you to add a personal touch and make something truly unique.
- 26 squares of 4″ x 4″ light brown construction paper
- 26 squares of 3″ x 3″ white construction paper
- 26 squares of 3″ x 3″ dark brown construction paper
- 26 squares of 2″ x 2″ white construction paper
- Hot-glue gun and glue sticks
- 14″ metal wreath base
- 52 stalks of wheat
- Gold spray paint
- 26 gold balls
- Strips of paper
Follow these simple steps to make your own DIY paper Thanksgiving wreath:
Glue white squares onto brown squares to create cone shapes. This will serve as the base for the leaves. You can vary the size of the squares to create leaves of different sizes and shapes.
- Repeat the previous step with dark brown and white squares to create a variety of leaf colors. This will add dimension and visual interest to your wreath.
- Fold the bottom of larger cones over the wreath base and glue them in place. Start by placing them evenly around the wreath to form the first layer. This will create a solid base for the rest of the leaves.
- Place smaller cones in between larger cones and glue them in place. This will create a fuller and more textured look. Experiment with different arrangements and angles to achieve the desired effect.
- Spray paint wheat stalks gold and glue them into the gaps between the cones. This will add a natural and festive touch to the wreath. The gold color will complement the paper leaves and add a touch of elegance.
- Glue gold balls below the wheat stalks on the inner perimeter of the wreath. This will add a touch of elegance and visual interest. The gold balls will catch the light and create a beautiful focal point for your wreath.
Personalization and Gratitude Wreath Option
To make your DIY paper Thanksgiving wreath even more special, consider personalizing the leaves on the wreath. Family members can write notes of gratitude on small pieces of paper and place them inside the cone-shaped leaves. This adds a meaningful and heartfelt touch to the wreath, reminding everyone of the spirit of Thanksgiving.
Encourage your family members to contribute by writing what they are thankful for and share these messages during Thanksgiving gatherings. The DIY wreath can be used as a centerpiece, serving as a focal point for expressing and sharing gratitude. This personalized touch will make your wreath even more meaningful and create a lasting memory for your family.
Alternative Designs for Thanksgiving Wreaths
If you’re looking for alternative designs for Thanksgiving wreaths, there are plenty of options to explore. Here are a few ideas:
Natural and Fall Floral Designs
- Indian corn wreaths with vibrant colors and textures.
- Eembroidery hoop thankful wreaths for a sentimental touch.
- Corn husk wreaths for a rustic and traditional feel.
- Faux hydrangea wreaths for a timeless and elegant look.
- Wheat horseshoe wreaths for a unique and harvest-inspired design.
- Giant wood tag wreaths add a farmhouse-inspired style.
- Feather wreaths offer a bohemian touch.
- Farmhouse gather wreaths create a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Colorful and Turkey-Themed Designs
- Fabric turkey wreaths for a playful and festive vibe.
- Turkey tulle wreaths for a whimsical and kid-friendly decoration.
- Thanksgiving mesh wreaths for a vibrant and eye-catching display.
Grateful and Thankful Message Designs
- Thankful door hangers to express gratitude in a simple and elegant way.
- Printable paper wreaths with customizable gratitude notes.
With so many options to choose from, you’re sure to find a Thanksgiving wreath design that suits your style and captures the essence of the holiday. Creating a DIY paper Thanksgiving wreath can be so much fun and adds a personal touch to your Thanksgiving decor. Let your creativity soar and enjoy the process of making something beautiful with your own hands.