I love these peppermint candy DIY Christmas Ornaments! They are fun for all ages, very inexpensive and quick to do. They look great on the Christmas tree, as part of a gift or as a Holiday coaster. Using a sealer like modge podge or polyurethane adds a protective layer so you can use them as a coaster during a holiday party.
Here’s what we did:
What you’ll need for red and white Christmas ornaments:
Bag of peppermint candies
Metal cookie cutters
Yarn or thread
Directions for red and white Christmas ornaments:
Preheat oven to 350°
Coat cookie cutters with pan spray.
Place on parchment paper on a baking dish.
Place candy pieces in a single layer. Some of my cutters were small so we broke the candies in to smaller pieces and filled in some spaces.
Bake for 7-10 minutes, depending on your oven, until melted together.
Remove from oven.
After a couple minutes of cooling, take a pan spray covered toothpick and make a hole at the top of the ornament. Make a circular motion to enlarge the hole. (if using as coaster, skip this step)
Once completely cool, push out on the cutter to separate the ornament and pop it out.
Use string or yarn to place through the holes.
If using as a coaster or a permanent ornament, you will want to seal in mod podge or polyurethane.
Note: Some of the candy leaked out from the cutter when I made mine. Gently snap this part off. All mistakes and pieces you snap off are YUMMY!
There you have it! An easy DIY Christmas decoration or ornament at affordable prices!
For other Christmas ideas, visit our Christmas category or check out the ideas below.
Other Festive Christmas Craft Ideas:
In addition to crafting peppermint candy ornaments, check out these fun DIY Christmas craft ideas. There’s something for everyone!
1. Santa Hat Chair Covers: Transform your dining chairs into festive Santa hats by crafting chair covers using red and white felt. It’s a whimsical touch for holiday gatherings.
2. Snow Globe Terrariums: Create miniature winter wonderlands inside clear glass containers. Use faux snow, tiny figurines, and evergreen sprigs to build charming snow globe terrariums.
3. Paper Plate Snowflakes: Cut intricate snowflake patterns from paper plates and hang them around your home. This simple craft adds a touch of winter magic to your holiday decor.
4. Cinnamon Stick Candle Holders: Glue cinnamon sticks around the outside of plain candle holders for a fragrant and visually appealing Christmas craft. Tie them with festive ribbons for an extra decorative touch.
6. DIY Christmas Stockings: Sew or glue together your own Christmas stockings using holiday-themed fabric. Personalize each stocking with names or festive embellishments.
7. Felt Reindeer Ornaments: Cut reindeer shapes from brown felt and decorate with googly eyes, red noses, and antlers. Hang them on the tree for a cute and whimsical touch.
8. Pinecone Gnomes: Turn pinecones into adorable gnomes by adding felt hats and long white beards. These charming characters make for unique and festive decorations.
Remember to tailor these crafts to your own style and preferences. Enjoy the process of creating a festive atmosphere in your home with these Christmas craft ideas!
No two are the same so we’d love to see yours on Facebook!