My family LOVES this Healthy Greek Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup recipe! My daughter loves the Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup from Panera Bread so when I saw this recipe, I had to try it! I changed the ingredients a little bit and we fell in love! Now it’s a once a week recipe for us. And the best part is there is usually enough leftover for my husband and I to take to work the next day.
No complaints here since it’s also on the healthy side of things!
Here’s what we did:
Ingredients for Healthy Greek Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup Recipe:
Directions for Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup:
- Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- Pour broth and lemon juice into a Dutch oven. (I have the Lodge L8DOL3 Cast Iron Dutch Oven with Dual Handles.)
- Bring to boil and add chicken.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for 9 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pot; set aside.
- Increase heat to high and cook the sauce for 5 minutes to reduce.
- Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Whisk in honey and sour cream.
- Add 2 cups water to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Add orzo and cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add green beans to the pot for final 4 minutes of cook time.
- Stir chicken back into the pot and serve.