Sisters Know Best got together with mom this past weekend and while talking one night we made this little project. Christmas Light Candy Decorations. It required little effort while we rambled on about life. FUN! These would look great on top of a cake or cupcakes, squiggled around a table or in a candy dish.
Okay, here we go. There is really no wrong way to make these. The colors look wonderful and they are such a cute idea that your guests will love them!
- Peanut M&M’s
- Mike & Ike’s (Green Only)
- Green Icing
- Sharp Knife
- Cup of Hot Water
- One Paper Towel
- One piece of Wax Paper (Optional)
This is one of the easiest things you will ever do. Ready?
Separate green Mike & Ike’s from the rest of the colors.
Put sharp knife in hot water for a few seconds. Wipe dry with paper towel.
Slice the Mike & Ike’s in half.
Firmly press the cut side of the Mike & Ike against the fattest end of the Peanut M&M.
Use green icing to draw out a string for the lights.
Place the green part of the Christmas Lights on the line of green icing.
- Draw a line of icing along the food table at a holiday party.
- Draw a line of icing along the side of a cake and “hand” the lights on the edges of the cake and top of it.
- Decorate cupcakes with a small line or single Christmas light.
- Fill a candy bowl full of them for a sweet snack.
Are you having a holiday party this year? What are some of your party food and decoration ideas? Share your pictures on our Facebook page!